To schedule a free consultation with Dr. Faibisoff about your surgical options, please complete the information below so that one of our health care professionals may contact you. Your information is confidential and will not be shared or used for any purposes other than to schedule a consultation. To schedule a free consultation, you can also call our main phone number at 480-968-2945.
Key Questions to Ask a Plastic Surgeon
According to the American College of Surgeons, the best way to go through any surgery is educate yourself and to be completely informed of all aspects associated with your procedure. The more knowledgeable you are the more confident and comfortable you’ll feel before and after the surgery. Here are a few questions to ask your plastic surgeon before scheduling your surgery:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you specifically trained in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure?
- Is the surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- How will you perform my procedure?
- What surgical technique do you recommend?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How can I expect to look over time?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my surgery?